Benefits of Membership
D.O.G Local is open to businesses from all aspects of the canine world; training, grooming, pet shops etc. Rescue centres and breeders are also encouraged to take part, so that D.O.G Local can become the Nations one stop canine guide.
Publicity – Keeping you and your business in the spotlight:
- D.O.G Local will maintain a publicly available website which will contain information about the organisation and will also allow viewers to search for members businesses by sector and/or geographical area, listings which will include the members business address and contact information.
- The members will be supplied with a certificate of membership, available for display appropriately and an electronic copy of the organisations logo for use on their own advertising and promotional material use, for the duration of membership.
- D.O.G Local will produce promotional material, which will be used for display at events and in public buildings where ever possible.
- D.O.G Local will actively promote the organisation at all relevant events via relevant media.
- Being part of an organisation adds credibility to the members business.
- Knowing that the members have been assessed and accepted for membership, gives consumers peace of mind.
CPD (Continued Professional Development)
- Members will receive reduced rates to seminars and talks conducted by the organisation. Talks will be given by members and outside speakers.
Assurance of Quality:
- As part of an organisation, members receive recognition by others, eg vets.
- Once customers know a business is a member of D.O.G Local, they are possibly more likely to try additional services from each member.
- All D.O.G Local members can recommend each other to their clients, knowing that the service recommended will be of the same professional standard.
Networking between members, provides an opportunity to exchange ideas and make referrals between each other when perhaps one cannot be of service to a client for any reason. Under normal circumstances one wouldn’t wish to refer your clients to a competitor, but D.O.G Local members can be assured that all members will act professionally at all times, according to the code of conduct.
Networking between businesses is an important factor when it comes to growth. Mixing with members from within the same sector can have an amazing effect on growth.
What are the benefits of networking?
Networking is a great opportunity to generate new business and obtain referrals, word of mouth recommendations and introductions from other members.
- Share or learn new ideas
- Mingle with like minded people and share your knowledge
- Networking gives a feeling of security, belonging to an organisation with local and national support
- Members are available to assist each other with problems, as well as the organisations local and national supporters
- You are able to keep up to date with competitors
- Learn specific information to your profession
Most professionals are aware of the importance of networking for career advancement. Appropriate networking can lead to opportunities that are hard to find on one's own. Networking business opportunities is something that everyone should actively do.
- Members are invited to refer their customers to each other within the network, knowing that they will receive a good service and retain goodwill amongst each other.
- Networking and providing cover for each other allows members to attend seminars to further develop their skills, in keeping with the code of conduct